If you decided in the morning to raise your spirits, you decided to show yourself a tongue in the mirror, but you saw that there was a strange deposit on it – no need to be afraid. It’s great that you take care of yourself and pay attention to health.
A white coating on the tongue after a night’s sleep is the norm, if the film on the surface is translucent and light. This phenomenon is explained by the accumulation of bacteria in the oral cavity. No additional means, except for rinsing the mouth and regular tooth brushing, should not be used.
But what if the plaque has an unpleasant smell, it is dense, accumulates in large quantities on a certain part of the tongue? These phenomena and their combinations can be a picture of a possible disease.
The Specifics of the Problem
The localization of sediments can tell you which part of your body is “experiencing difficulties”:
- Dense opaque bloom + high temperature. Most likely, the patient has tonsillitis. Be sure to follow the bed rest, start the therapy prescribed by the doctor.
- The white tip of the tongue – problems with the respiratory system. Often can be seen in smokers.
- Dry tongue with large white papillae – dehydration. It is required to begin immediately rehabilitation therapy with a large amount of drink.
- White coating on the root of the tongue – malfunction of the kidneys.
- If the deposits are dense, teeth are imprinted on them – consultation of a gastroenterologist is required. Here you can talk about the violation of the functioning of the intestines.
- The middle of the tongue is white and cracked – there are problems with the stomach.
- The deposits in the mouth resemble cottage cheese or semolina – it is a fungal disease.
It is necessary to understand that before you is not a list of people’s signs, but a specific symptom of diseases. After its detection, you need to consult a doctor for referral to a medical examination.
Do not “guess the language” – contact the competent specialists for advice and surveys. You may need to adjust only a little the diet, but in some cases you can not do without complex therapy, including antifungal.
Causes and Symptoms of the Disease
If the tongue is evenly white, the sediments “lining” it on all sides with a uniform layer, which means that the body has certain problems with immunity. The layer of bacteria covering the surface of the mouth will increase, which can lead to unpleasant consequences.
In such an environment, Candida mushrooms, which cause “thrush”, feel great. This fungal disease is manifested against the background of reduced immunity and changes in the microflora of the mouth with:
- Improper care;
- Hormonal changes;
- Promiscuous sex.
In infants thrush can occur due to infection during childbirth and insufficiently strong protective function of the body.
We consider fungal diseases separately, because the most frequent complaints of white cheesy plaque on the tongue appear from patients with candidiasis. Dislocation of spots similar to grits – the entire oral cavity. It is impossible to get rid of deposits by mechanical means. First of all, you need to solve the problem of depressed immunity – after that antifungal therapy begins. The result of your efforts and regular use of drugs prescribed by the dentist will be the complete disappearance of stains. Untreated thrush can occur again, because it easily becomes chronic.
The oral cavity is a moist mucous environment, where there is a real expanse for bacteria and harmful microorganisms. It is possible to determine candidal stomatitis by the characteristic picture of the disease:
- You notice a white patina on the tongue and dry mouth.
- After a while, the spots can appear in several places at once, unite, forming a large cluster.
- Itching, painful inflammation occurs.
- It becomes difficult to swallow, as a result – appetite decreases.
- There is a weakness, general malaise.
It would seem an unserious disease, and what consequences it leads to! Any disease is a difficult test for the body and the immune system. It is important to fight even minor ailments. Candidiasis can cause inflammation of the larynx, and if the fungus enters the digestive tract, a disorder of the digestive tract will appear.
How to Remove White Bloom?
In a healthy person, the morning “film” is easily peeled off the tongue, it becomes a normal pink color and preserves its presentable appearance for a long time. In other cases, you do not need to try to “scoop up” the deposits – this can lead to mechanical damage to the oral cavity and infection.
It is important to eliminate the source of the plaque, i.e. the reason he came from. Contact your local GP (or pediatrician if plaque is found in the infant). He will appoint surveys, based on their results, it will be possible to make a clear conclusion about the nature of the disease.
Depending on the disease, you may be assigned:
- Special diet;
- Immunostimulating therapy;
- Antifungal agents (ointments, tablets, sprays, solutions);
- Rinsing with antiseptic agents and local antibiotics;
- Preparations for the treatment of SARS.
The sooner an appointment with a doctor is scheduled, the sooner unpleasant stains on the tongue will disappear. After the treatment, analyze your habits, hygiene regime. Perhaps you paid insufficient attention to the oral cavity, to which the body gave a negative reaction.