Formation of an unpleasant smell in the groin area occurs for various reasons: external and internal. As a rule, a negative phenomenon leaves a strong imprint on the patient’s psychological state. The pathological process is considered the most dangerous if it is a symptom of a serious disease. Consider the signs that cause offensive odor and characteristic diseases.
An unpleasant smell in the groin area says about health problems:
- Infection of infection.
- Inflammations of various etiologies.
- Wrong choice of underwear.
- Messy sex.
A small portion of the factors that cause the deterrent scent are listed. Basically, this phenomenon is attributed to signs of dysfunction of the genitourinary system.
If there is an unpleasant smell in the groin, it is necessary to urgently consult a doctor, a dermatovenerologist. He will conduct a primary examination, appoint a laboratory examination. It is the correct diagnosis will help quickly eliminate an unpleasant symptom.
Candida is one of the varieties of fungal microorganisms. Doctors do not consider it a serious infection. Transmitted by intimacy between sexual partners. The second name for pathology is thrush. Patients have symptoms:
- red spots, excessive swelling of the genitals;
- burning sensation, pain when emptying the bladder;
- a white tinge with a sour odor;
- sexual intercourse and erection are accompanied by painful sensations;
- constant itching in the perineum.
Both partners undergo treatment after testing. For therapy, antifungal drugs are prescribed – Clotrimazole, Miconazole and others.
Represents the appearance of the inflammatory process of the foreskin – the post, and the defeat of the head of the penis – balanitis. The combination of two inflammations – candidal balanoposthitis. The reason for the formation – the presence of genital infections, yeast fungus. The main symptoms:
- Swelling of the penis.
- Rash on the head of the penis.
- The presence of a sour smell from the crotch.
- White, cheesy plaque. After its removal, an ulcer, erosion on the genital organ.
- The head of the penis is constantly irritated because of what the representative of the stronger sex is in a state of excessive arousal. Performing sexual intercourse at the time of erection delivers painful discomfort.
- There are redness of the penis, itching. When touched, pain appears.
You can eliminate the pathology with the correct diagnosis of the cause. Do not forget about hygiene intimate places.
The male reproductive system produces a substance – smegma, which is referred to as a natural lubricant. The viscous fluid consists of secretions of sweat and sebaceous glands, mixed with dead cells of the epidermis. Often accumulates under the foreskin.
When pathogenic microflora gets into smegma, it begins to exude an unpleasant smell in the groin, resembling fish or mushrooms.
To prevent, you must regularly follow the rules of personal hygiene in the intimate area.
Often the cause of the pathological process is sweat. In the normal state of the body, the secret secreted by the endocrine glands cannot be with a sour or fishy smell. When mixing sweat with harmful microorganisms, there is a strong odor from the perineum.
Stress contributes to the formation of an unpleasant odor from the groin area. Disorders of metabolic processes and malnutrition are also factors in the appearance of odor.
To remove the unpleasant smell of sweat in the groin, it is necessary to regulate the diet, regularly carry out water procedures and use talc with zinc.
Pathological process appears in the fair sex. It is a woman who is considered a peddler of the disease. Having made an affinity with a partner who has been diagnosed with vaginosis, the man eventually has a fetid odor.
The disease does not indicate infidelity of a girl or wife, as it develops against the background of changes in the vaginal microflora. The reason may be non-compliance with hygienic standards or may be due to a feature of the genitals. On the labia is present white bloom and small rashes.
The cause of the genital odor may be an infectious disease – chlamydia. In 50% of men and women, the initial pores are asymptomatic. In acute pathology, the following symptoms appear:
- purulent, watery discharge well visible in the morning;
- regular increase in body temperature from 37.0 to 37.5 degrees;
- the urethra from the outside swells a little, visible redness appears;
- during emptying of the bladder a strong burning sensation is formed, accompanied by itching. Urine may initially be turbid, and on completion of the visible bleeding;
- there is pain in the loins and groin area.
The symptoms described may subside for a while. The phenomenon speaks of the transition of the disease to the chronic stage, when the patient is the source of infection.
Treatment of the above diseases is prescribed strictly by the doctor, based on the primary symptoms and the established diagnosis. It is enough for some patients to take baths with a weak solution of potassium permanganate or furatsilina. After a disinfecting procedure, it is recommended to use synthomycin or zinc ointment.