A common dermatological problem is scaly patches on the face of different sizes and shapes. Most people do not like to go to the doctors until the problem begins to bother them and becomes noticeable to everyone around them. Self-medication and self-prescription of drugs, unfortunately, are practiced more often than the use of competent recommendations of a specialist. It should be understood that peeling of the skin is not only a clear aesthetic defect, but also a symptom of some kind of malfunction in the body. The treatment will be to eliminate the cause of the affliction.
Peeling of the skin is dead cells or an enlarged stratum corneum. The upper layers of the epidermis are the first to respond to emerging problems in the body. The structure of the skin changes, there may be inflammation, accompanied by itching. We will understand the reasons contributing to the appearance of incomprehensible spots with dead skin pieces.
Visit Doctor Urgently!
Some associated symptoms should alert you. Call a doctor if, along with desquamation, you show up:
- red spots on skin;
- Disorders in the gastrointestinal tract;
- Migraine and dizziness;
- Enlarged lymph nodes;
- Loss in the joints.
All of these symptoms, especially those accompanied by fever, suggest an infectious disease in the patient — measles, erysipelas, scarlet fever, rubella. The course of these diseases involves the appearance of red scaly spots on the face and whole body. To determine the presence of infection by the rapid spread of spots throughout the body.
Photo of Flaky Spots on the Face
If there is no temperature, and the spots stay on the face for several days, do not pass, increase in size or cause discomfort – there are suspicions of dermatological ailments, infections and parasites:
- Demodecosis – a tick started in the skin layers.
- Mycoses are fungal lesions.
- Lupus – a violation of immunity, in which the defense system attacks its own tissue as foreign. There are inflammation, swelling, then erosion. The most common places for injury are the face, neck. The disease is rare, difficult to diagnose, very long and difficult to treat (in some cases, only temporary relief of symptoms is possible).
- Rosacea is a chronic disease, not cured, it causes serious aesthetic defects on the skin surface. It is easy to notice this ailment – the scaly red spots on the face swell, become bright. Manifest on the chin, forehead, cheeks, near the nose.
- Deprive is an infectious disease that can “deploy” on any part of the body. Accompanied by itching, redness. Transmitted from animals and humans. It is treated in a hospital.
- Dermatitis. There are several types of diseases. Perioral, for example, concentrates around the patient’s mouth. Seborrheic – in places of accumulation of a large amount of subcutaneous fat. Contact dermatitis appears as a reaction of the body to contact with certain substances.
- Eczema is a chronic affliction affecting the surface of the skin. There are many varieties of the disease, triggered by various factors.
If you find a flaky spot on your face, then you need a consultation of a dermatologist in any case. Even if the appearance of a defect is natural, it is better to use a doctor’s appointment to clarify the rules for caring for your skin type and to attend to the prevention of the appearance of blemishes in the future.
In some cases, you will not need serious treatment – it will be enough to eliminate the original source of your problem, as the spots will “go away” by themselves. The skin is a reflection of the state of our body, the first “indicator” of a negative reaction. The list of possible causes of peeling and redness of the skin:
- Allergy to cosmetics, perfume, aromatic components and dyes;
- Intolerance to certain foods;
- Negative reaction to new exotic fruits for you;
- Consequences of facial cleansing;
- The use of aggressive alcohol and alkaline agents.
- Inadequate skin hygiene (washing should be carried out 2 times a day + mandatory washing of cosmetics every evening);
- An excess of iodine and bromine (the latter is contained in some drugs for weight loss).
In the event of an allergy, you need to follow a sparing diet, use antihistamines and, of course, eliminate the source of the negative reaction. Reception of vitamins and dietary supplements should be coordinated with your doctor so that the dose of nutrients does not exceed the permissible maximum.