Rubromycosis is an infectious fungal disease that affects the nail plate, as well as the skin. Recently, both children and adults are increasingly suffering from the disease. Regardless of the age or sex of the patient, the fungus occurs in favorable conditions for this. Infection occurs after contact with a sick person. In this case, the fungus can affect any part of the body – the body, face, neck and so on.
Rubromycosis have long been able to identify the causative agent of the disease – Trichophyton purpureum. You can divide it into several types:
The last is considered the most dangerous type of disease, affects more often the rest.
Rubromycosis occurs under the influence of several factors at once:
- Immunity of the patient is affected, weakened under the influence of diseases.
- There are endocrine diseases, they contribute to the fact that hormones are disturbed.
- The skin is dry, excessive sweating.
- In the lower limbs disturbed blood circulation.
- For a long time, the patient takes drugs, such as antibiotics.
Most often there are first two points.
Photo of Rubromycosis of Skin
Symptoms and Varieties of Rubromycosis
The disease always manifests itself in different ways, it depends on its form. Symptoms will depend on the part of the body where the fungus is located.
Rubromycosis treatment begins to affect the skin between the fingers. Gradually goes to the sole, as well as the surface of the fingers. The skin is too dry, if you look closely, you will see the grooves, in which the skin flakes off. In the place of the foot, the skin thickens, externally it becomes covered with a kind of scales. Gradually, the infection is transferred to the hands and nails.
Nail rubromycosis affects the nail plate on the hands and feet. The infection gets on the nails from the side plate; The surface of the nails are translucent, forming small yellow stripes. At the first stage of development of the disease, the nails do not thicken, they will subsequently break. The last stage is dangerous in that the nail will detach from the bed, the plate is completely destroyed.
Rubromycosis of smooth skin is most often localized in the place of large folds, for example, under the mammary glands. Launched stage is characterized by strong rashes on the entire skin. Around the lower leg is manifested in the form of rings or arcs. Externally, the symptoms resemble eczema, you cannot make a diagnosis yourself.
Rubromycosis of the groin area is very common. The lesions are red or brown in color and localized in the pubic area and the inside of the legs. The skin flakes off, the edges slightly rise. In large folds occurrence of candidiasis.
Common rumbicosis is a special form that develops if treatment is not started on time. Symptoms include:
- Skin folds are affected.
- Initially, you can notice small pink spots, they are clearly different from healthy areas.
- Gun hair dull, eventually disappear.
- In places of defeat severe itching. It should be noted that in no case it is impossible to scratch the diseased area, the fungus, thus, will develop even more.
Usually both external and deep skin areas are affected, so all types of rubromycosis are divided into superficial and deep forms.
- Possible damage to the skin anywhere. External symptoms resemble eczema or lichen. The main difference is that the foci can be grouped in one place, outwardly it looks like a ring or garland. In the center of the lesion small peeling.
- Together with the first symptoms there is a strong, intolerable itching.
- In a warm season, for example, in the summer, aggravations are observed.
- There is a rash on the buttocks, legs or forearm.
- The rash is reminiscent of some figures, this is another major difference between the disease.
- With the defeat of the folds under the mammary glands or buttocks spots will become drilling or bright red. In the center of the spots are small papules, the edges rise.
The surface form is much more common. The initial stages are easily treatable.
Diagnosis and Treatment
Diagnose rubromycosis is possible only by microscopic examination. From the folds, from under the nails and rollers on the edges of the doctor takes a scraping. It is believed that in this place the filaments of the mycelium are collected in large quantities. Based on the examination results, a diagnosis of a fungal disease can be made.
After the first signs of any form of rubromycosis, it is necessary to contact a medical institution, it is not recommended to self-medicate.
The treatment lasts a long time and is always difficult, especially if the form of the disease is common. Without medication can not do.
Preparations for Internal Use
Most often in the recipes of most dermatologists you can see the following drugs for rubromycosis:
- Griseofulvin. Under the influence of the drug, the fungus is inhibited. It is necessary to take completely the entire month without missing a single day, then two months in a row the medicine is drunk every other day.
- Lamisil. Adult patients need to take 250 mg of the drug twice a day. The general course of treatment lasts from two weeks to six months, depending on how affected the skin is.
- Sporanox. It is recommended to use regardless of the type of fungal infection. The course of treatment is up to one month.
According to patient reviews, Lamisil is particularly effective.
If the nails are damaged, it is necessary to carefully cut the affected part with a nail file, then everything is treated with alcohol. On top of the nail is covered with antifungal varnish, which includes amorolfin. It is necessary to use drugs externally: Miconazol, Lamisil, Zalain. The course of treatment can reach up to 8 months