If a man has red pimples on the head of penis, then this is the first alarm bell that immunity is not in order. Maintaining an active sex life and reduced body resistance can cause the appearance of many sexually transmitted diseases. Their nature can be not only venereal, but also fungal. Even small red acne on the head of the penis in a man is a sufficient reason to visit a dermatovenerologist. And if their appearance is complicated by additional symptoms and subjective sensations, then it is better not to delay the visit to a specialist, since the advanced stages of sexually transmitted diseases are treated for a long time and expensively!
If red pimples on the head appear at puberty, then this can be explained by hormonal changes. It is recommended to monitor him and in case of appearance of additional symptoms seek medical help in order to rule out the following diseases:
- Candida balanoposthitis. A very common fungal infection of the skin and mucous membranes, occurring in men aged 20-45 years. Pathogen – fungi of the genus Candida. You can become infected sexually from a girl suffering from thrush or through personal care products (washcloths, towels, etc.). To provoke exacerbations can long-term antibiotics, a sharp decline in immunity or severe hypothermia. Characteristic differences are inflammations on the head of the penis and foreskin, which can manifest as red spots, pimples, white patina, severe itching, unpleasant smell and pain when pressed. Separately, you need to pay attention to the fact that candidal balanoposthitis can be asymptomatic. He is also characterized by spontaneous abating of all symptoms, which leads the patient astray about full recovery.
- Contact irritable dermatitis. A very common reason for the appearance of red pimples on the head in men at any age. An allergic reaction can provoke not only the appearance of rashes on the head, but also cause swelling and redness, which will be accompanied by moderate itching. If you do not exclude the allergen from everyday life, then the situation will only worsen. It is recommended to be attentive to the selection of personal hygiene products (cleansers, soap, shower gel), underwear (complete refusal of synthetics), condoms (there may be latex allergy), lubricants (there may be an allergy to the substance in the composition). Mild allergic reactions disappear on their own within 2-3 days, otherwise it is recommended to seek help from a dermatovenerologist.
- Genital warts. In most cases, these formations are localized along the entire length of the penis. At the initial stage, they can appear as small red pimples on the head and foreskin. Characteristic differences – the absence of itching and pain. Very often they are confused with the fungus on the head, although their origin is due to a viral infection of HPV, which is sexually transmitted.
- Pearly papules. They are found in every fourth man aged 20–35 years, localized in the area of the glans penis and on its surface. The color is solid or dark brown. In the case where the papules are located directly on the head of the p.ch., it may appear that they are red. Absolutely harmless education, not considered a pathology. The number of papules on average ranges from 5 to 15 pieces. Size from 1-2 mm to 4-5 mm.
- Venereal diseases. Today, medicine knows a lot of sexually transmitted diseases, one of the symptoms of which is the appearance of pimples on the glans in men. This may be secondary syphilis and gonorrhea or chlamydia. However, it should be noted that all of these diseases are almost always accompanied by cramps, burning and pain during urination and other characteristic clinical symptoms that are uncharacteristic of fungal lesions or allergic reactions.
Also, red pimples on the head in men can be caused by an inflammatory process or infection that has penetrated as a result of mechanical damage or injury.
Photo of Red Pimples on the Penis Head
Diagnosis and Treatment
On a note! You should be careful, as the thrush in men is often asymptomatic or with periodic exacerbations that may seem, at first glance, harmless. But even small reddening on the head should be alarming and, with the addition of additional symptoms, can be a significant reason for writing to a dermatovenereologist.
Candida balanoposthitis at the initial stage responds well to treatment and you can completely get rid of it in a few days. To make a diagnosis in the period of exacerbation, smears and scrapes are taken from the lesions, white plaque, if present, for microscopic examination. After identifying the pathogen antifungal drugs are assigned to which it is sensitive. Most often resort to the following means:
- Clotrimazole (externally up to 3 times per day for 7-10 days);
- Pimafucort (2 times a day during the week with a thin layer on the lesions);
- Itraconazole (1 tablet (100 mg) per day for 10 days);
Also, before applying any drug, it is recommended to thoroughly wash the head of the penis, then treat with chlorhexidine solution and dry thoroughly. As a prevention, increased personal hygiene, protected sex and increased immunity are used.
Genital warts are to be removed using one of the modern methods, starting from a laser and ending with cauterization with nitrogen. After removal, all masses must be submitted for histological examination to determine the probability of degeneration into a malignant tumor. Pearlescent papules are not recommended to be removed, as they are not pathological and do not pose any danger to the health of men. Many clinics still carry out the procedure for removing papules using a laser and electrocoagulation. However, the patient should be informed that even the complete removal of formations from the surface of the penis does not give any guarantees that over time they will not appear again.
Sexually transmitted diseases should be treated under the strict supervision of a urologist, as not fully cured gonorrhea or syphilis can lead to serious complications that will affect not only the quality of sexual life, but also reproductive functions.