Blisters on the feet is not already a rare occurrence, as it seems at first glance. Every third person has encountered this problem at least once in their life. Some people do not betray this symptom of great importance, naively believing that everything will pass by itself, others immediately make an appointment with a doctor, as they know how difficult the treatment is for advanced forms of fungal diseases. To the doctor usually turn when watery blisters on the feet interfere with walking, begin to burst and bleed.
Immediately it should be reassured that it is not always the vesicles on the feet are a symptom of a disease. For your attention all the causes of this disease:
- Allergic reaction. Quite a common phenomenon, especially among fans of synthetic socks and shoes from low-quality materials. It can manifest itself not only in the form of water bubbles on the legs, but also swelling, redness and severe itching. Ignoring the problem leads to the appearance of strong scratching, open wounds, which can become the “entrance gate” for infection. In some cases, the symptoms manifest themselves so vividly that the patient cannot even step on the leg due to severe pain.
- Hyperhidrosis. A very unpleasant disease, the main symptom of which is excessive sweating. It is often manifested in the feet and may be accompanied by small watery blisters, scratching, burning, and severe itching. It occurs mainly in men aged 20-35 years. The reason may lie in both endocrine disorders, and in the chemical composition of sweat.
- Mycosis of the feet. Here the reason may lie in one of the fungal diseases, united in one group due to the similarity of symptoms. The appearance of vesicles on the feet is characteristic of the dyshidrotic form of athlete’s foot, which can also be localized in the interdigital spaces and on the soles of the feet. Blisters are usually filled with serous, turbid or purulent fluid. As the process progresses, they burst, leaving erosion in its place. This form of athlete is very difficult to treat and is prone to constant relapse, especially in spring and summer. Less commonly, such symptoms may occur with the defeat of foot rubromycosis.
- Scabies. The most common cause of bubbles on the ankles in children. The blisters are usually filled with serous fluid, sore and always accompanied by severe itching. In their place, blood crusts, the size of a pinhead, are later formed. In adults, rashes are most often localized to the hands, mammary glands, genital area, and axillae.
Very rarely, in the form of blisters on the feet of the feet, psoriasis can manifest itself in the initial stage. In the course of the process, the skin in this place grows coarse, transforming into a “plaque”. It can also be observed with dyshidrotic eczema, which is almost always localized on the feet and palms at the same time.
According to statistics, if the bubbles on the feet are allergic, they disappear within a few hours / days. In difficult cases, when the rash is aggravated by severe itching and swelling, antihistamine medication is indicated. With scabies, it is best to seek help from a doctor, as it is not so easy to get rid of it and there are many cases of relapse in both adults and children. Most often in the recipes of doctors from scabies can be seen.
- sulfur ointment;
- benzyl benzoate;
With severe itching, Suprastin or Tsetrin is indicated, at the discretion of the attending physician.
Things are more complicated with hyperhidrosis of the feet, since it is very difficult to treat. The most common remedies for it are:
- teymurov paste;
- baby powder;
- trays of oak bark;
- salicylic paste.
Much attention is paid to prevention, which includes the rejection of bad habits (alcohol, tobacco) and special vitamin therapy.
If the cause of the vesicles on the feet lies in the fungal disease, then it is necessary to pass a scraping from the lesions to conduct a microscopic examination and determine the pathogen. Depending on the pathogen and the course of the disease, antifungal agents are selected. In 70% of cases at the initial stage, you can do with external means. Most often these are the following drugs:
In advanced cases, fluconazole-based preparations (Diflucan, Flucostat, Fluconazole, etc.) can be added to the listed external agents.
Photo of Blisters on the Feet
Much attention is paid to prevention, which is equally effective in fungal infections, in case of hyperhidrosis and scabies. Not recommended:
- measure or wear other people’s shoes;
- walk barefoot in saunas, swimming pools and public showers;
- wipe your feet only with your towel;
- wear other people’s socks.
It is also recommended to pay great attention to the selection of shoes for those who already have problems with excessive sweating. Such people are recommended to wear only open shoes made of natural fabrics or pure leather.