Increased sweating in the groin is a pathological process that can ruin a person’s life. The described pathology is called hyperhidrosis. The reason is not only physical discomfort associated with the regular presence of moisture on the body, but also in the psycho-emotional state. The patient is primarily concerned about the presence of an unpleasant smell, the presence of unaesthetic spots that appear on clothes. We will not dwell on the sensations experienced by patients; we will better understand how to deal with excessive sweating in the groin.
Causes of Appearance
The main factors leading to excessive sweating include:
- diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system;
- endocrine dysfunction;
- mycotic diseases;
- tumor foci of malignant nature;
- diseases of the heart and blood vessels;
- inherited diseases;
- pathology of the epidermis;
- renal dysfunction.
The risk of increased sweating increases and when taking certain groups of drugs – aspirin, insulin, antiemetic drugs, analgesics. This type of pathology does not require special treatment, it is enough to exclude the use of the drug.
Perhaps the development of secondary hyperhidrosis. Symptoms of the disease are similar – strong, unpleasant smell and sweat, leaving marks on clothes. There is also severe itching in the groin and between the legs.
Do you sweat a lot in your groin? The first step is to contact a doctor with a problem for a more detailed determination of the problem. There are 2 methods of treatment of excessive sweating: medication and with the help of folk remedies.
Conservative Way of Treatment
The use of drugs is based on the cause of hyperhidrosis. In case of excessive sweating of the groin area, it is allowed to use ointments, sprays and powders. Tinctures or solutions on alcohol irritate the thin epidermis in an intimate place.
If sweating in the groin, experts recommend using products with the addition of formaldehyde and aluminum salts. Consider the popular drugs used in the treatment of excessive sweating:
- Formagel is a colorless, gel-like consistency. It has disinfectant properties, and also reduces the activity of sweat glands. It has a side effect – dryness of the epidermis. The cost varies from 200 rubles. Apply a thin layer to the affected area, incubated for 20 minutes and wash off. To achieve maximum results, it is recommended to apply talc or baby powder on the affected area.
- Formalin ointment. The composition includes – formaldehyde, salicylic and boric acid, glycerin. It has a bright antibacterial effect, dries, protects and reduces the function of the endocrine glands. Apply 1 time per day at night, on the area with excessive sweating. Before the epidermis needs to be washed well with soap. You can not apply the drug on the skin in the presence of ulcers and hypersensitivity.
- “Urotropin”. The active substance is methenamine. Removes the inflammatory process, detrimental effect on pathogens. Pre-skin should be washed with antibacterial soap. Apply to the desired area. The procedure is carried out once in 14 days. In the presence of ulcers or ulcers, the drug is prohibited to use.
- Pasta Teymurova. Apply on peeled skin up to 3 times a day. It is worth remembering that the medicinal composition may leave marks on clothes.
- “Clonidine” is a drug produced in the form of tablets. Helps to suppress the active work of the endocrine glands and excessive sweating. The initial dosage of the medication is 0.075 mg 3 times a day. Gradually increase the dose to 2.4 mg per day.
In addition to excessive sweating, doctors prescribe complex vitamins to the patient. With the secret out more than 250 beneficial components from the body. Of course, multivitamins do not help with sweat, but health is saved.
Simple recipes of traditional medicine will help eliminate heavy sweating in the groin. For their preparation used medicinal herbs. Consider a few simple recipes for external and internal use.
Pharmaceutical Chamomile Bath
- chamomile color – 70 g;
- boiling water – 2.5 l.
Connect the specified number of components in a suitable container. Bring to a boil, warm at a slow temperature for a quarter of an hour. After a specified time, strain the composition. Add decoction to the bathroom with water. The procedure is carried out for 20 minutes.
Baking Soda and Mint Ether
- soda – 10 g;
- warm water – 250 ml;
- peppermint essential oil (or tea tree) – 2-4 drops.
Prepared ingredients combine in a bowl. Stir until dissolved. Lubricate the skin in the morning and evening, pre-washed with antibacterial soap.
Oak Bark Decoction
- oak bark – 30 g;
- boiling water – 2.5 l.
Combine the indicated ingredients in a saucepan. Put on the stove, bring to a boil and cook at low heat for 15-25 minutes. Ready decoction filter. Connect with water for a sitz bath. The procedure is carried out for a quarter of an hour.
Sage, Clover, Leaves of Bilberry and Marsh
For internal use it is recommended to use herbal infusion. This combination perfectly helps to eliminate the active work of the endocrine glands.
For cooking you need to combine 10 g of each of these herbs. Pour them into a thermos and pour 600 ml of boiling water. Tightly close, insist 90 minutes. Filter out Use in the form of heat 100 ml three times a day. Mandatory condition 30 minutes before meals.