Smooth skin rubromycosis is an infectious disease caused by the fungus of the genus Trichophyton. Most often affects the large folds in the skin, axillary region, gluteus, hands and some parts of the body. In itself, the disease rubromycosis is particularly contagious and requires increased attention. It is transmitted both from direct contact with an infected person, and through personal hygiene items.
Rash can occur anywhere in the body. On smooth skin, lesions have a different shape. On the shin stains are formed on the extensor surface, resembling rings or arcs. The color of the rash is usually of a reddish hue, and in neglected forms it may give a blueness.
Fluff hair is affected most often. In appearance, they begin to fade and discolor. When in contact with clothing quickly break. Externally, the disease may resemble eczema or lupus erythematosus in the early stages, but only for an inexperienced eye. A qualified dermatologist will find differences even without tests.
Common localization of lesions – face, thighs, buttocks, legs. In some cases, the surface of the spots may be covered with scales and bubbles. Intense itching and burning in the area of lesions are almost always observed.
Diagnosis with other Diseases
Very often, smooth skin rubromycosis can be confused with the following diseases:
- Erythema nodosum. The lesion occurs in the arms, torso, and hips. The knots are dense, the size is slightly smaller than a chicken egg. On palpation, severe pain occurs. Externally, the skin color becomes bluish, after a while peels off.
- Cutaneous tuberculosis. It occurs on the thighs, buttocks, the formation of subcutaneous tissue the size of a small walnut. At any time, nodes can be pinched in their place. The disease always lasts a long time, a smooth scar remains after healing.
At the initial stage, only an experienced dermatologist can distinguish them. Differences from rubromycosis in the groin only in the localization of lesions.
Photo of Smooth Skin Rubromycosis
Smooth skin rubromycosis is treated for a long time, the therapy should be complex and correspond to the stage of development of the disease:
- If the disease affects not only smooth skin, but hair and nails, experts prescribe Lamisil or Orungal.
- If a severe edema or inflammation occurs with weeping, it is necessary to eliminate inflammation. The patient should be in complete rest, apply lotion with liquid Burov.
- Large bubbles need to be disinfected, for this use alcohol. It is impossible to pierce them on their own, only a doctor can do it.
- Cut off the stratum corneum on the skin once a day, for this use special scissors.
- After the inflammatory process subsides, the patient should apply fungicidal ointments or solutions, for example, mykoseptin, untedin.
- Treat the exfoliating stratum corneum with ointment or varnish with keratolytic substance. It is also necessary to treat such areas with iodine or sulfur ointment.
- Treat affected palms and soles alternately.
Rubromycosis of smooth skin, occurring in a severe form, is treated in a hospital or outpatient setting. The patient is smeared the affected areas with milky salicylic collodion. From the very beginning of treatment, it is necessary to treat sore spots with fungicidal agents. Inside is taken Nizoral and Griseofulvin, but only if there are no contraindications.
Treatment of rubromycosis is a long and complicated process, the effectiveness of therapy will depend primarily on how much the patient has applied to the medical facility. It is necessary to follow all the recommendations of the attending physician, monitor their hygiene and avoid contact with sick people.