Blisters in the groin are not uncommon, and it can be caused not only by trivial irritation of the skin, but also by serious diseases. Among these diseases are infections caused by various fungi. Fungal infections of different parts of the human body are quite common. But I would like to dwell on those of them that are found in the groin area and are expressed in the appearance of blisters of different sizes.
7 the Most Common Causes of Blistering in the Intimate Area
- Among the causes of this disease are the following:
- Allergic reaction to anything, from clothes to personal care products. Usually passes within a few hours, less days.
- Venereal diseases.
- Skin diseases, which by their nature are not related to sexually transmitted infections.
- Blisters in the groin in men are more common due to excessive moisture in the genital area. This area becomes a favorable breeding ground for fungal bacteria. If a person does not comply with the hygiene of the inguinal and peripheral zone, then he risks becoming the owner of this symptom.
- Reduced immunity, impaired metabolism, the diagnosis of “diabetes mellitus” or “obesity” contribute to the development of the fungus and its manifestation in the form of the described symptom.
- Visiting public baths, saunas, swimming pools, where improperly carried out disinfection, can also reward you with this unpleasant symptom. After all, the smallest particles of skin containing fungal bacteria are able to persist for a long time on the handrails, walls and other surfaces with which the infected person had contact.
- A fungal infection that can be transmitted through personal hygiene items or close physical contact.
There are several types of fungal diseases, one of the symptoms of which are blisters in the groin of women and men:
- Candidiasis. Fungi of the genus Candida provoke the disease. And they appear in the body as a result of sharp drops in blood glucose levels or against the background of a general decrease in immunity. Bacteria develop in the groin folds, where the first blisters appear that contain fluid inside. A feature of this type of infection can be considered the fact that the lesions grow very quickly in size, and then they can be combined into one large blister. Peeling of the skin in the inguinal zone begins and painful cracks may appear. Treatment of this disase should be carried out only under the supervision of a specialist who will prescribe medications for oral and for external use.
- Inguinal athlete. Most often, dark spots of the size of a coin appear on the inner side of the thighs and the groin area. As the process progresses, they increase in size, and on their surface rashes may appear in the form of bubbles filled with a turbid liquid. If not treated, the blisters will become larger, and their number will increase. To cope with the disease will help more thorough in terms of hygiene care of the affected area. After all, the cause of infection is an increased level of sweating. And, of course, do not neglect to go to the doctor and take the antifungal and antihistamine preparations prescribed by him.
- Erythrasma Inguinal. The disease manifests itself as a rash, but the emerging small acne is covered with scales. As in the case of the previous fungal disease, excessive perspiration becomes the cause of erythrasma, to which a violation of the skin alkaline balance is added. In addition to eruptions, erythrasma is accompanied by itching and uncomfortable sensations in the affected area. During treatment, it is necessary to use drugs not only of external action, but also to fight the disease “from the inside”.
All of these diseases have a similar clinical picture, especially at the initial stage – the appearance in the groin of large brown spots, which with the course of the process can be transformed into full foci of lesion, covered with various rashes.
Photo of Blisters in the Groin
Other Diseases Accompanied by Inguinal Blisters
There are also a number of diseases that provoke the appearance of blisters in the inguinal zone, which are viral in nature:
- Pemphigus. It is a rash of small pimples, which are revealed over time, and in their place erosive skin lesions form. If fever is added to such eruptions, it is urgent to consult a doctor, since the disease can lead to the death of the patient if not treated properly.
- Herpes. The disease is transmitted during intercourse. It manifests itself in the form of small bubbles filled with colorless liquid. You can get rid of this disease by taking antiviral medications, as well as observing all the rules of hygiene.
- Impetigo. The source of the disease are streptococci and staphylococci. And the main cause of infection is non-compliance with the rules of hygiene. Bubbles in the groin with this disease are covered with a yellow crust.
Thus, blisters in the groin are more common in men than in women, but women are also not immune from them. The causes of these tumors may be different, but often the basis of the disease is a fungus.