Rubromycosis in the groin is a skin fungus that occurs directly in the large folds of the groin. Severe stage affects other areas of the skin, such as the buttocks or thighs. Itching and burning can be a serious cause of discomfort. Most common in men. Teenagers and young children get sick much less often.
Rubromycosis of the groin area is manifested by the following symptoms:
- In the groin appear small red spots no larger than 1 cm. After some time, they go to the hips and other parts of the body. Possible damage to the scrotum, the genital organ suffers extremely rarely.
- The longer the disease progresses, the greater the spots will be, together with them itching will occur.
- The edges of the redness will be covered with small bubbles.
- When walking, severe discomfort.
- After a certain time, the middle of the spot will change, the skin will remain clean, and from the very edge rings will be seen – this is the main sign of rubromycosis.
In advanced stages, lesions may spread to the hips, buttocks, and even the genitals.
As mentioned above – the disease occurs due to the defeat of the fungus. The mode of transmission is in close contact with a sick person, also through a towel or bed linen.
Not observing the rules of personal hygiene, you can get an inguinal fungus in a public place, for example, in a sauna. The development of rubromycosis in the groin area can be promoted by a factor such as obesity; it is difficult to wash the skin in the folds of the skin. The fungus develops well with moisture and excessive sweating.
Photo of Rubromycosis in the Groin Area
Diagnosis and Treatment
As soon as the first symptoms of rubromycosis are observed, it is necessary to visit a medical institution, in particular a dermatologist. The specialist will examine the patient’s body, ask for complaints, and also order tests to confirm the diagnosis. It is necessary to take scrapings from the affected skin areas, thanks to which the pathogen can be identified. You also need to exclude the inguinal athlete, which at the initial stage of identical symptoms.
Rubromycosis of the groin requires local treatment. In the acute stage, you need to make lotions from a solution of resorcinol, Triderm ointment helps well.
The main treatment is to take antifungal drugs. It is recommended to use one of the following medicines: Clotrimazole, Econazole, Ketoconazole. Cream or ointment should be applied to the affected area. Regardless of which treatment you choose, you need to add iodine tincture to it (use twice a day).
At the time of exacerbation of the disease, it is necessary to use Mazipredon, the course of treatment is two weeks. After the exacerbation subsides, take antihistamines, such as Zyrtec, Tavegil.
As an additional treatment, baths should be made with the addition of tincture of oak or chamomile, thus, the skin will dry out, which means that the inflammatory process will subside. The sooner the patient goes to the hospital, the sooner recovery will come. Despite the fact that a lot of effort is needed for complete recovery, the prognosis is favorable.
The best prevention of rubromycosis in the groin is respect for personal hygiene, namely:
- Use a personal towel and a bathrobe, do not borrow personal items from other people.
- Keep an active fight against sweating.
- For obesity, it is necessary to carefully treat all the folds in the skin.
- Be careful when placing public areas.
Maintain the right lifestyle, monitor your health, visit medical facilities in a timely manner, and at the very first symptoms of inguinal rubiditis, immediately go to a dermatologist.