Genital lips itching and unpleasant smell from the vagina – these are the main complaints with which the woman comes to the gynecologist. In addition, on examination, the doctor reveals a hyperemia of the delicate skin, and sometimes even bruises and cracks, which are formed due to intense scratching.
The main reasons for the development of these symptoms include:
- urogenital pathology;failure to observe personal hygiene or excessive abuse of it;
- the presence of chronic diseases;
- hormonal disorders
If you look at the statistics, most of the complaints relate to candidal infections, after it there are already venereal and other urogenital diseases.
With improper care or unprotected sexual intercourse, a woman begins to develop an inflammatory process that leads to the development of such diseases:
- Thrush. Accompanied by unpleasant itching and burning sensation, white discharge has a sour smell. The main pathogen of pathology is a yeast fungus from the Candida family.
- Genital herpes. Transmitted exclusively through sex, the causative agent is the herpes virus type I and II. Herpetic eruptions affect the skin of the genital lips, vaginal mucosa and cervix, and this is all accompanied by severe itching.
- Trichomoniasis. Belongs to the category of venereal pathologies, infection occurs through sexual contact. Itching and unpleasant smell from the vagina – these are the main symptoms of the disease, sometimes a burning sensation joins.
- Inguinal athlete. The transmission path is contact, it is possible to pick up the pathogen even if it touches another person or object in a public place. In addition to genital itching, there are spotted formations with an inflammatory focus in the center.
- Gardnerellas. It develops due to a violation of the vaginal microflora, namely the ratio of gardnerella lactobacilli. There is a lot of discharge, the skin is itchy and baked. In the process of urination there is a burning sensation.
- Endometritis. An inflammatory process unfolds on the inner lining of the uterus, which is formed due to the penetration of the infectious agent into the uterine cavity. A woman feels painful sensations in the lower abdomen, itching and swelling of the labia, as well as discharge with a purulent component.
Most of these diseases can be treated successfully at an early stage and rarely relapses occur.
Inappropriate Intimate Hygiene
Unfortunately, not all girls follow the basic rules of intimate hygiene, and because of this there is an itch and an unpleasant smell from the vagina. In order to avoid this problem, it is enough to perform washing twice a day with special means, as well as after each sexual intercourse.
More closely monitor the hygiene should be during menstruation, it is necessary to change the pads and tampons in time. To avoid an allergic reaction, and, accordingly, itching and red spots on skin of the genitals, it is necessary to choose personal hygiene products without fragrances and fragrances.
The pathology of the internal systems and organs, which the patient may not even suspect, can lead to unpleasant sensations in the vagina. These include:
- decreased hemoglobin;
- viral inflammation of the liver;
- malignant and benign tumors of the genital organs;
After carrying out certain diagnostic procedures and interviewing the patient, the doctor makes the final diagnosis and prescribes the appropriate treatment. Do not self-medicate, because the reason may be hidden deep inside the body.
Changes in hormonal background in women occur throughout life. Such transformations are observed during menstruation, during pregnancy and after childbirth, as well as when menopause occurs. In the process of puberty in girls unstable emotional state.
In future moms, the quantitative and qualitative composition of the vaginal microflora begins to change, and after giving birth, time must pass for the body to return to its normal state. During menopause, the production of female hormones is reduced. All these conditions lead to the fact that itching of the labia and the unpleasant smell emanates from the perineum.
In order to eliminate this problem, it is necessary to establish the exact cause that led to such a state. Itching can be eliminated by using topical medications (cream, ointment). To all this, add drugs with antibacterial effect and vitamin-mineral complexes. Depending on the symptoms and the diagnosis, you can add to the complex therapy:
- antiallergic drugs;
- remedies for pain relief;
- preparations for the correction of hormonal changes.
And, of course, do not forget about prevention, because it is better to prevent the disease than to treat it for a long time and hard.